Innovative Courses in Clinical & Aesthetic Dermatology
DERMfoot presents DERMaesthetics– an innovative workshop in clinical and aesthetic dermatology for physicians who are interested in exploring aesthetic treatments for lower extremity skin and nails.
Internationally recognized instructors will teach the art, science, and hands on skills using cadaveric specimens and other hands-on training tools to foot and ankle specialists.
Peel Back Time, Toil and Toes!
Last year, we talked about Chemical Peels as an adjunctive treatment. This year, peels will take a grand entry to the aesthetic agenda. We will briefly review information presented last year and then plunge into new details. We will choose 2 lucky models for a lower leg peel.
Sweaty Feet Really Stink!
Botulinum toxin type A is a time-honored and effective treatment for Hyperhidrosis. We will discuss the basics and then pick one needy model for the real thing (100 units of complimentary Botox injected into the feet).
Ready, Set, Sandals!
As we age, the dorsum of the foot loses volume and underlying tendons and veins become prominent. To put the best and most attractive foot forward, we will discuss injecting this area with dermal fillers. We will have cadaver feet to demonstrate this technique, but one attendee can enter to get this treatment done with complimentary Restylane-Lyft.
Account setup or methods needed to procure products for office use will be discussed.
- The attendee will learn what a chemical peel is, what chemical agents are available, and how to safely perform chemical peeling in the office.
- The mechanism of action of different chemical agents, expectations from this procedure, potential risks and complications are also reviewed with insight into criteria for selecting patients.
- The attendee will be able to diagnose plantar hyperhidrosis and devise a plan for treatment using Botulinum toxin A.
- The mechanism of action of Botulinum toxin type A, treatment procedure, potential risks and complications are reviewed.
- The attendee will learn about volume loss of the subcutaneous tissue in the foot.
- Different dermal fillers will be discussed with emphasis on their efficacy to restore volume in the dorsal foot, beneath calluses and provide cushioning in areas of atrophy
Aesthetics Training Led by MedAesthetics Professionals
Dr. Christy Bennett, DO
Dr. Bennett is Board Certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine. She completed an Allopathic Internship & Residency in Family Medicine at the University of Oklahoma-Tulsa in 2000 and entered into a private practice. She received her undergraduate degree from the university of Tulsa in 1978 in Medical Technology. Dr. Bennett practices family practice medicine, operates a concierge injectable business and serves as Medical Director for a Medical Spa in Tulsa, OK.
Dr. Bennett has been an instructor in aesthetic medicine for over 9 years specializing in the areas of Injectables, Sclerotherapy, Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels. Dr. Bennett has authored numerous teaching materials & presentations in the areas of aesthetic medicine and has attended national and international symposiums on aesthetic medicine.
Mr. Waseem Garbia, PA-C
Mr. Garbia graduated from George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. He then attended Jefferson College of Health Sciences in Roanoke, Virginia and graduated with his degree and certification in Physician Assistant studies and has been practicing for over 14 years. Waseem has worked in many different settings including general and plastic surgery, emergency medicine, critical cardiology and aesthetics.
He is a certified master injector and is a national aesthetic medical trainer. Waseem has a vast knowledge in cosmecuticals, injectables and lasers and has a passion for long-term skin enhancement. Having experience with launching several medical spas, Waseem enjoys teaching and sharing his knowledge in technique as well as meeting business objectives.